Sunday, August 31, 2008

Return of the Monday Moment 2

I had intended to get more blogging done this week, but I have been chained to my computer writing a book on social networking. Another week of RSI, square eyes and a numb bum and it will all be over.



My theme for this week's Monday Moment is 'Open or Closed?'

I had applied for a job a while ago and the process seemed to be dragging out a bit, but I was still confident it was the right place for me... and so were all my friends. So it was a little bit of a surprise when I didn't get it.

There were a lot of reasons why the job would have been great and lots of reasons for wanting it. It had seemed such perfect synchronicity when I came across it. An old boss even thought I'd written the job spec myself, it was so 'me' (i.e. it fitted so well my background, my experience and my interest in travel). But it isn't to be 'me' now.

I'm not actually too disappointed by that because one of my strong beliefs is that if one door closes, it's because there is a better one opening. And that is quite an exciting thought. A new canvas to paint perhaps?

So my thought for you this week, Divas is this: if something isn't going quite how you want it, is it a door closing or actually a new door opening?

No comments: