Sunday, October 05, 2008

Monday Moment 6 October

Marianne Williamson is one of my favourite authors and I quote her often. I am currently reading her book A Return to Love, Reflections on A Course in Miracles. There are so many aha's in this book, I totally recommend you read it. One passage that really made me think this week was this:

'When Michelangelo was asked how he created a piece of sculpture, he answered that the statue already existed in the marble. God himself created the Pieta, David, Moses. Michelangelo's job as he saw it was to get rid of the excess marble that surrounded God's creation'.

It got me thinking - what if the 'me' I want to be is in within me already, already created and perfected? What if my job is not to try to create myself but to allow the excess marble (my fears , anxieties etc) that surrounds and hides me to be chipped away. What if I visualised that marble just falling away? What if I played out this week as though that marble had already gone, and I am everything I aspire to be? How would that change the way I think this week?

I'm going to try it and see! You might like to try it too. Let me know how it goes.

Have a great week!

No comments: