Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Moment: Do what you love

Last week I was speaking at the Newark Inner Wheel (the ladies circle of the local Rotary Club), which I have to say was enormous fun. I had been invited to speak about being an author of horsy humour (see here for my books). The ladies were all mature (average age 70), so I tempered some of my jokes, but they loved it and so did I.

It got me thinking that I must do more of this speaking lark, because I just really, really enjoy it. I enjoy making people laugh, putting smiles on faces, entertaining. It doesn't have to make me money (though I did sell a few books on the night which was a bonus), it can be just for pure fun. So if you have a group that needs a speaker, let me know!

In this time of doom and gloom, get out there and do something you love to do, just for the smiles. Right now we need more smiles out there!

No comments: